c++/python software (DevOps) Engineer
Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Small satellites are disrupting the space technology realm by providing increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of traditional programs.
Tyvak needs an experienced DevOps Engineer to design, deploy, and manage build systems and development operations. You will take on a leadership role in guiding us towards a DevOps culture and becoming a DevOps organization. You will be our first dedicated DevOps hire and will work with management to set the direction and expectations for our infrastructure. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our software engineering teams to enhance and maintain our software test and deployment pipeline. Additionally, you will be involved in developing an automated software deployment system for operational spacecraft.
- You live and breathe the DevOps/Continuous Delivery mindset and culture and will passionately evangelize and mentor client teams to shift their mindset and thinking.
- You can deploy and provision Linux-based servers in your sleep.
- You have experience with configuration management and building embedded Linux and firmware images.
- You are passionate about automating and testing everything you do.
- Engineering Tools: Jenkins, Bitbucket, JIRA, SonarQube
- Build Tools: GNU Make, cmake, buildroot, LTIB, Yocto
- Languages: C++, C, Python, Bash
- Databases: MySQL, PostGres
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of related experience for high-performance, or other mission critical applications.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience designing and deploying production-grade software.
- Operational support experience - know how handle incidents and communicate investigation/resolutions
- Experience with image creation for embedded Linux and microcontrollers. Use of buildroot or LTIB highly desirable.
- Direct experience with embedded processors and embedded C/C++.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Agile Development Methodology, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!