Senior Electrical Test Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer (AI&T)
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Assembly Integration and Test department in our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, the candidate will contribute to end-to-end product development with emphasis on hardware test and qualification.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work with subject matter experts to design and perform complex test operations involving electro-optical; electromechanical; high frequency; and high-power modules
- PCBA level verification/validation and associated documentation
- Work autonomously to efficiently identify and troubleshoot hardware design and workmanship issues
- Work with prototype and evaluation hardware to support design efforts
- Contribute to hardware and system design reviews
- Implement custom support hardware for development & production testing
- Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement
- BS or MS in EE, CPE or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of professional embedded hardware development &/or test experience; Aerospace-specific experience is not required
- Expertise in system debug with emphasis on low-level PCBA troubleshooting encompassing analog, digital and power circuits
- Firm understanding of hardware/software interfaces and common data bus peripherals including I2C, SPI, UART, USB and Ethernet
- Fluent understanding of schematic drawings, component datasheets and knowledge of PCB layout best practices
- Extensive experience operating electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMMs, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, host adapters and the ability to quickly learn the operation of specialized equipment
- Competency in scripting languages to automate test functions
- Ability to modify and rework circuit boards with surface mount technology
- Ability to comprehensively document test setups and test results in reports that clearly communicates information
- Proficient communication skills and ability to mentor Junior Engineers
- Some exposure to RF system design and test is desirable
- Competency in Altium schematic and PCB design software is desirable
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!