Senior Systems Administrator
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Systems Administrator at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Senior Systems Administrator, the candidate will manage, repair, and maintain critical servers, desktops, and laptop software and hardware on a daily basis. This ranges from day-to-day help-desk tasks for employees to maintenance of back-end infrastructure for the company. This position will report directly to the CIO and require a TS/SCI clearance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make
- a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) /desktop Operating Systems (XP/7), DHCP, DNS.
- Manage Office 365 administration and AzureAD
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing large scale Citrix/2X/Terminal Server installations
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional -CCNA/ CCNP MCITP Server
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Linux/UNIX administration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!