Senior Network Administrator
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Network Security Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Senior Network Security Engineer, the candidate will provide technical expertise for the company’s IT security program, implement security solutions for networks, systems, applications, data and devices, and deploy and manage security tools in order to monitor and detect vulnerabilities and threats. This position will report directly to the CIO
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform network and application vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Deploy and manage solutions to protect our core and perimeter networks.
- Deploy and manage solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and protection of all data.
- Orchestrate and test recommended security remediations including software and firmware patches.
- Drive the security efforts around Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Prevention and SIEM analysis.
- Conduct deep analyses to provide security insights of the corporate environment.
- Deploy security monitoring tools, and review and troubleshoot security alerts.
- Lead the Security Awareness efforts, including facilitating presentations on topics of relevance.
- Review, interpret and translate customer, regulatory and corporate security and compliance requirements into technical design options.
- Deploy and manage solutions to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Perform security research as needed.
- Produce security risk advisories based on newly identified threats and risk assessment.
- Assist in performing IT audit, third party evaluations, and risk assessment activities.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures for unified IT Security Policies
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- CISSP or CEH or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server (2003/2008/2012/2016) /desktop Operating Systems (XP/7), DHCP, DNS.
- Good understanding of Office 365 administration and AzureAD
- Has managed in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Has managed deployments/rollouts
- Has managed large scale Terminal Server installations
- Good understanding server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- Fortigate firewall experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be able to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.