Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Systems Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The Systems Engineering Team provides essential guidance and coordination for mission architecture and optimization, as well as vehicle conception, development, fabrication, and testing. As part of the collaborative team, the systems engineer will be responsible for supporting mission planning, requirements management, vehicle sizing, system trade studies, interface definition, and systems integration.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with electrical, mechanical, software, and operations engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Create, analyze, and manage requirements to ensure proper flow-down and traceability for verification activities.
- Perform system and vehicle level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance.
- Support assembly, integration, and test activities, including the generation of test plans and procedures.
- Participate in team discussions to develop innovative vehicle architecture and operations for future missions.
- Interface with commercial and government customers to coordinate all technical aspects of the missions
- BS or MS in engineering field with focus on aerospace.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and can perform duties autonomously.
- Ability to lead and motivate project teams to ensure mission success.
- Knowledge of spacecraft system and subsystem interactions. Small satellite experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of programming and electronics, as well as project management.
- Ability to learn new processes and tools quickly and utilize them effectively.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced small satellite market with a desire to continuously learn and grow through unique challenges.
- Candidates shall be a U.S. person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. Being a part of the team at Tyvak means you will be able to see the impact of your work, partner alongside other smart engineers from a number of disciplines, and take pride in the satellites we watch.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.