Sr. FPGA/Digital Design Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced FPGA/Digital Design Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to commercial and government customers. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative spacecraft solutions for internal and external customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and verification of FPGAs and embedded firmware
- Hardware/software integration of firmware designs
- Produce detailed documentation including design specification and bring-up/verification test procedures & reports
- Provide technical strategies and planning to satisfy customer needs
- Participate in multidisciplinary peer design reviews
- Candidates shall be a U.S. person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with FPGA design specification, implementation & test
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) and RF comm. experience desired
- Radar systems design & test experience desired
- Optical camera and imaging application experience desired
Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. Being a part of the team at Tyvak means you will be able to see the impact of your work, partner alongside other smart engineers from a number of disciplines, and take pride in the satellites we watch.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.