Mission Operations Manager
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Mission Operations Manager to lead the Mission Operations Team at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The Mission Operations Team is responsible for mission operations planning, commissioning, and on-orbit operations for the state-of-the-art satellites Tyvak develops. The Mission Operations Manager will develop the overall mission operations’ architecture including tasking, procedures, anomaly resolution, vehicle control interface, ground segment infrastructure, and automated data delivery. Above all else, the Mission Operations Manager will lead both the mission operations team and company into the future as the Tyvak fleet continues to grow.
- Work with the design, integration and testing teams to assure on-orbit operations are an important aspect of overall vehicle development and acceptance.
- Develop a systematic method for scheduling and operating Tyvak’s ground segment.
- Develop operations procedures associated with vehicle commissioning and mission operations.
- Coordinate with the development team to ensure compliance with all associated licensing and regulations (e.g. FCC, NOAA, etc.).
- Provide guidance for improvements to Tyvak’s Command Control and Data Diagnostics database and display screens.
- Participate in team discussions to develop innovative vehicle architecture and operations for future missions aimed to full vehicle automation and on-board data management.
- BS or MS in Engineering field with focus on aerospace or other engineering discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in satellite operations or similar with strong knowledge of spacecraft systems and orbital mechanics.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and can perform duties autonomously.
- Ability to lead and motivate project teams to ensure mission success.
- Experience with databases (SQL) is desirable.
- Direct experience with small satellites or satellite fleets is preferred.
- Ability to learn new processes and tools quickly and utilize them effectively.
- Candidates shall be a U.S. person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. Being a part of the team at Tyvak means you will be able to see the impact of your work, partner alongside other smart engineers from a number of disciplines, and take pride in the satellites we watch.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!