Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Program Manager at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Program Manager, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer contracts.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate a multidisciplinary team.
- Act as primary interface to the customer.
- Lead all program reviews both internally and customer-facing.
- Coordinate and manage resource allocation.
- Track program budget and schedule using Tyvak’s collaborative software tools.
- Provide regular program status updates to company management.
- Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a technical field (i.e., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree) or Business with experience leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of work experience (not including school) in the aerospace industry, or commercial embedded systems.
- Experience as a responsible Systems engineer on flight projects is highly desirable.
- Understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and proficiency in task management
- Ability to help organize and manage a team of personnel, develop program schedules, and control budgets to meet required deadlines
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Candidates shall be a U.S. person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!