Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc. (www.tyvak.com) is transforming access to space by providing end-to-end, cost effective space systems using agile aerospace processes and accelerating on-orbit success. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. We specialize in spacecraft development, launch services and on-orbit operations to deliver small satellites for critical missions across a variety of applications in LEO, GEO, and beyond Earth orbit. Tyvak is seeking a motivated and experienced Program Manager at our Irvine, CA location. This position is critical to Tyvak’s commitment to deliver to customers their mission success story. As a Program Manager, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer contracts.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
As a Satellite Program Manager you are the person who connects with the Customer, organizes internal engineering, external suppliers, manufacturing, and test activities to deliver high-performance space systems rapidly and affordably. You are accountable for delivering must-work space systems to exacting Government and Commercial customers.Program Managers are responsible and accountable for on-time, on-budget delivery of their projects. They maintain project schedules, risk analysis, procurement plans, subcontract management plans, project staffing plans, and budgets (direct costs, subcontracts, travel, etc.). They report regularly to executive team and our customers. They track all internal and external deliverables, prepare and present formal and informal design and progress reviews. Program Managers work closely with members of their own program team, technical peer teams, and program controllers to ensure our systems meet all requirements and achieve all milestones, while staying within strict budgetary constraints. Tyvak has built its reputation on reliable delivery, and our Program Managers are at the leading edge of that reputation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- 5 years experience as a project manager with a demonstrated reputation for delivering unique, high-complexity systems
- Proven ability to deliver on-time, on-budget
- Demonstrated experience with rapid development projects
- Demonstrated teamwork and written/oral communications skills
- Experience as a responsible Systems engineer on flight projects is highly desirable.
- Understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and proficiency in task management
- Ability to help organize and manage a team of personnel, develop program schedules, and control budgets to meet required deadlines
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.`
And the ideal candidate will have...
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Concept-to-launch experience with one or more satellite missions
- Experience with cost- and budget- constrained space programs
- Experience with aerospace environments other than traditional, large prime contractors
- An active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Experience with Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customer communities and their project management practices
- Proficient communication skills, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.