IT Support Specialist
As an IT Support Specialist you are responsible for setting up, operating and continuously improving Tyvak's IT operations with a consistently high level of service. Specifically, you will:
- Triage, process, communicate, escalate and resolve all assigned tickets
- Setup and configure new Windows desktop/laptops or mobile devices for new hires and upgrade existing equipment with data migration
- Support and troubleshoot all video and audio conference systems
- Hardware troubleshooting that includes workstations, mobile devices, network hardware devices and peripheral devices (printers, keyboards, monitors, mouse, etc.)
- Install, configure and support all enterprise application such as Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive), SolidWorks, etc.
- Document resolutions and create job aides or instructions for the IT department knowledgebase
- Follow all proper company and IT procedures related to processing all incidents and changes within the IT environment
- Help to maintain IT hardware inventory including workstations, monitors, docking stations, printers, etc.
- Troubleshoot initial LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, VPN connectivity issues on workstations and laptops for remote and onsite users or escalate appropriately
- Understanding of (SSO) single sign-on, cloud services, Windows servers, Azure and client/server architecture.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of IT equipment with outside vendors
- Assist in the development of IT policy that supports Tyvak’s security, financial and risk strategies
- Configuration, support and maintenance of the network / Telecommunications environment. Experience working with JIRA ticketing system
- Proactive identification, research, and resolution of technical problems, finding and mitigation of root causes, recommendations and prevention of further issues.
- Experience with establishing secure network connections between company and cloud environments (e.g. AWS), network authentication, security
- IT support of agile development teams and cloud-based development tools
- Network equipment configuration, support & management
- Deployment of network and telecommunications equipment
- Networking principles (e.g. DNS, DHCP, QIP, QoS)
- Ability to use network diagnostic equipment to evaluate and diagnose potential network related issues
- WAN / LAN architecture and VOIP network architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management or equivelant.
- VMware VCP or appropriate experience in cloud migration
- MCSA: Office 365 or 3+ years’ experience demonstrating competency in Office 365 cloud products (not on premises)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in working in an IT help desk or support role within a medium size corporate IT infrastructure.
- U.S. Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Excellent technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills focused on Microsoft products, computer hardware, mobile devices and basic networking.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work efficiently processing tickets. Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Attention to detail, able to work autonomously or in a team. Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Experience working with JIRA ticketing system
- Device security such as Malware / virus protection, encryption etc.
- Must have experience with Cloud Infrastructure solutions
1. Microsoft Office 365, Cloud VOIP, phone systems (e.g. Ring Central), Meraki and video conferencing (e.g. StarLeaf & Webex) experience
- Able to lift and carry equipment heavier than 20 pounds
- Able to work from time to time in some non-standard hours
Nice to have...
- Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux – Ability to install, configure and manage both CLI and GUI editions
- Manage VoIP and POTS/PRI solutions using Skype for Business, Skype Conferencing, MiTel and old fashioned secured hard lines.
- SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM – Maintain licensing and manage license server
- Have worked with LMTOOLS to manage licenses for multiple engineering tools
- Experience in deploying Ansys, MSC Softare, etc.
- Experience in developing a help desk process
- Experience in developing an IT inventory process
- Experience in developing Learning Management Systems to proctor and build tests for IT, Legal and HR departments
- CCNA (CCNP highly desired) or appropriate experience
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!