Shipping, Receiving and General Maintenance Associate
SUMMARY: Performs various types of product shipping, receiving and maintenance in accordance with procedures and/or standards; receives and stocks incoming materials, and supplies; prepares, ships and track shipments; some facilities maintenance as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Packs and labels product based on established standards.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped and received with correct order.
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
• Assists in maintaining material inventory levels.
• Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Light facility maintenance and repair duties, including basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping and receiving areas.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Ability to understand and comprehend directions in doing basic preventative maintenance on building systems and special projects as necessary.
- Comply with safety and environmental procedures and all applicable codes and regulations of governmental agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills Microsoft Office and shipping vendor programs, such as FedEx, UPS and USPS.
- Pallet Jack experience a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds overhead.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include holidays, 10 days PTO, and full health insurance package.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!