Senior Engineer / Subject Matter Expert
Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. There are many benefits to using nanosatellites. Aside from being versatile and inexpensive, nanosatellites provide natural redundancy of systems to your mission. There are significant applications for today’s small satellites, from the rescue, repair and deorbit of larger satellites to disaster, weather and border monitoring capabilities.
The ME department is seeking a expand its expertise in spacecraft design and analysis. This person will work with an interdisciplinary team to design, analyze, and test nano- and micro- satellites and subsystems and will report to ME manager and program managers coordinating design with close interaction to other responsible engineers on project.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas is desired: orbital thermal analysis, electronics cooling in vacuum, structural and vibration analysis, kinematics and stress analysis of deployables and mechanisms.
- Level of experience that typically comes with at least 8 years of working with one of the following:
- On orbit thermal modeling
- Electronics thermal and packaging analysis for space vehicles
- Dynamic structural analysis and test
- Kinematic analysis of deployables or mechanisms
- Close familiarity with engineering requirements development and verification in a gated design process
- Extensive experience in definition, analysis, and test of mechanical systems and structures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office documentation, project management, and presentation tools (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Must be able to autonomously drive design trade offs with other departments, present analysis through a gated review process, and validate design meets requirements through analysis, inspection, and test
- Broad knowledge and firm grasp of spacecraft operations and subsystems
- Experience with Solidworks, EPDM, ANSYS, MSC, Atlassian or similar cloud based project management tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Experience identifying appropriate materials and surface treatments for spacecraft mechanical parts
- Experience working in both an office and lab environment
- Active or current Top Secret TS/SCI US Government security clearance is highly desired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include holidays, 15 days PTO, and full health insurance package.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!