Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Electrical Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As an electrical engineer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative spacecraft solutions for internal and external customers.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with software, mechanical and system engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Hardware requirements generation, verification and validation.
- Low-level schematic design. Common projects involve implementing digital systems; distributed power regulation & control circuits; and system interface hardware using commercially available ASICs and processors.
- Maintenance and mission-tailoring of existing schematic designs.
- Methodical schematic and PCB layout peer review.
- Development of custom test interface hardware.
- Development of assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation.
- Cooperative debug, test and requirement verification activities.
- Contribution towards continuous technology and process improvement
- BS or MS in EE, CPE or equivalent degree.
- 3+ years of embedded hardware development experience.
Aerospace-specific experience is not required.
- Skilled in analog circuits, switching power supplies, and SPICE simulation
- Experience with FPGA hardware and HDL languages (VHDL Preferred) is desirable.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA toolset is desirable
- Some coding and debug of embedded microcontrollers in C/C++ is desirable
- Knowledgeable of common data bus peripherals (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet).
- Competency with standard test equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, logic analyzer.
- Ability to modify and rework circuit boards with surface mount technology.
- Methodical system debug skills.
- Ability to document complex mixed signal design architectures
- Schematic capture and PCB layout (preferably Altium).
- Knowledge of PCB layout best practices.
- Meticulous design documentation, and attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Some exposure to RF system design and test is desirable.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!