Senior Systems Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, a Terran Orbital Company, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join the mission development team. Tyvak focuses exclusively on developing components and subsystems into highly-integrated and custom nano-satellite vehicles. The Team’s skillset ranges from architecture, design, build, and testing of major mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems integrated into small spacecraft.
You will join a collaborative team developing innovative pico-, nano-, and micro-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects and programs. You’ll be responsible for mission planning, requirements management, vehicle sizing, system trade studies, interface definition, and systems integration. It is expected that you will have an ability and desire to learn, grow, and discover continuously.
- Working in a small team environment closely with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Management requirements to ensure proper flow-down and traceability, as well as requirements verification.
- Perform system and vehicle level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance
- Supporting assembly, integration, and test activities including generation of build procedures and test plans/procedures.
- Leading concept of operations development and mission operations procedures.
- Participating in team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design for future projects.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and able to perform duties autonomously.
- Ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of innovation and effectiveness.
- Ability to lead and motivate project teams to ensure program success.
- Basic understanding of the Systems Engineering process.
- BS or MS in engineering field with focus on Aerospace or other engineering discipline with 8+ years work experience.
- Familiarity with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle systems. Small satellite or CubeSat experience desirable.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.