PCB Design Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced PCB Designer to work onsite at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nano-satellite and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers.
As a PCB Designer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to design and document complex printed circuit boards.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design printed circuit boards that conform to electrical, and mechanical requirements.
- Create fabrication and assembly data / drawings required for manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Develop design rules based on project requirements.
- Apply DFx constraints to designs for maximum reliability and lowest cost.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- 3-5+ years PCB design experience
- Expert level proficiency with Altium Designer
- High speed digital and RF experience
- Proficient with the data exchange between Altium and other CAD tools, preferrably SolidWorks.
- IPC Certified Interconnect Designer (Basic minimum, advanced preferred)
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Must be able to convey technical information clearly and efficiently.
- Proficient with Office tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc)
- Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) or higher
Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. Being a part of the team at Tyvak means you will be able to see the impact of your work, partner alongside other smart engineers from a number of disciplines, and take pride in the satellites we watch.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.