Contract PCB Designer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Contract PCB Designer to work onsite at our Irvine, CA location for a 12 month contract, possibly direct position. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nano-satellite and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As an PCB Designer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to design and document complex printed circuit boards.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design printed circuit boards that conform to electrical, and mechanical requirements.
- Create fabrication and assembly data / drawings required for manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Develop design rules based on project requirements.
- Apply DFx constraints to designs for maximum reliability and lowest cost.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- 5+ years PCB design experience
- Expert level proficiency with Altium Designer
- High speed digital and RF experience
- Proficient with the data exchange between Altium and other CAD tools.
- IPC Certified Interconnect Designer (Basic minimum, advanced preferred)
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Must be able to convey technical information clearly and efficiently.
- Proficient with Office tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) or higher
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
Applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance and all special accesses required on the facility.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!