Ground Software Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated Ground Software Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The candidate will be in the Mission Operations group which is responsible for the end-to-end operations of our spacecraft as well as the entire ground segment. As a Ground Software Engineer, the candidate will develop both back- and front-end applications that manage our ground segment, store and visualize spacecraft telemetry, and automate our mission control center.
- Architect the ground software framework for Tyvak's next generation of space vehicles
- Design high-performance, reliable software using modern development development tools
- Maintain pre-existing software solutions while enhancing feature sets and scalability
- Participate in software requirements generation, design, implementation, and testing discussions
- B.S. in engineering field with 4+ years of full-stack development: back-end, front-end, and database
- Experience with big-data design and system-level architecture
- Ability to quickly self-learn and apply new tools, techniques, and frameworks
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Passion for the NewSpace industry
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong linux application and/or web development skills
- Experience with the following libraries/frameworks: OpenMCT, MySql, PostgreSQL, Qt, OpenGL, Node.js, D3, Cesium, WebGl, Three.js, Hadoop
- Demonstrated experience with generation of user displays and data visualization
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!