GNC Systems Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated GNC Systems Engineer in Boulder, CO. The candidate the will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano- and micro-satellite vehicle solutions for a multitude of programs. The individual will be responsible for a wide range of analysis, data review, and mission operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Research and develop simulations and algorithms for various space situational awareness related topics including orbit determination, stochastic processes, error propagation, collision probability analysis, and sensor analysis
- Development of concept of operations, power budgets, and mission sensor analysis for current and new programs
- Development of algorithms and tools to assist in spacecraft planning and vehicle sizing analyses
- Participation in mission simulations and mission operations
- Ph.D., M.S., or B.S. in engineering field with 5+ years of flight dynamics and spacecraft operations experience
- Mastery of rigid body dynamics, orbital dynamics, and classical mechanics
- Strong fundamental understanding of trajectory optimization and numerical optimization algorithms
- High competency in Matlab and AGI STK
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Passion for the NewSpace industry
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing software and analysis tools in C++ and Python
- Experience with design of spacecraft rendezvous and proximity operations, fault detection/isolation/recovery, flexible body control, Kalman Filtering, MEMS and GPS sensors
- Hands on experience with small satellites, robotic systems, or similar
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!