Mission Operations Manager
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Mission Operations Manager to lead the Mission Operations Team at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The Mission Operations Team is responsible for mission operations planning, commissioning, and on-orbit operations for the state-of-the-art satellites Tyvak develops. The Mission Operations Manager will develop the overall mission operations’ architecture including tasking, procedures, anomaly resolution, vehicle control interface, ground segment infrastructure, and automated data delivery. Above all else, the Mission Operations Manager will lead both the mission operations team and company into the future as the Tyvak fleet continues to grow.
- Work with the design, integration and testing teams to assure on-orbit operations are an important aspect of overall vehicle development and acceptance.
- Develop a systematic method for scheduling and operating Tyvak’s ground segment.
- Develop operations procedures associated with vehicle commissioning and mission operations.
- Coordinate with the development team to ensure compliance with all associated licensing and regulations (e.g. FCC, NOAA, etc.).
- Provide guidance for improvements to Tyvak’s Command Control and Data Diagnostics database and display screens.
- Participate in team discussions to develop innovative vehicle architecture and operations for future missions aimed to full vehicle automation and on-board data management.
- BS or MS in Engineering field with focus on aerospace or other engineering discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in satellite operations or similar with strong knowledge of spacecraft systems and orbital mechanics.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and can perform duties autonomously.
- Ability to lead and motivate project teams to ensure mission success.
- Experience with databases (SQL) is desirable.
- Direct experience with small satellites or satellite fleets is preferred.
- Ability to learn new processes and tools quickly and utilize them effectively.
- Candidates shall be a U.S. person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Salary and benefits are market competitive.