RF Spectrum Manager
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Spectrum Manager to join our team in our Irvine, CA location. The Spectrum Manager will serve as the organization’s point of contact for spectrum and frequency needs, to include licensing, requirements, and ongoing compliance. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to commercial and government customers.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Legal, Business Units, and Engineering Management to identify frequency and spectrum licensing and compliance needs.
- Apply for, obtain, and maintain compliance for frequency and spectrum licenses with the appropriate domestic/international agencies.
- Perform periodic reviews and updates; takes steps to resolve frequency interference reports and maintains a database of interference incidents.
- Resolve frequency interference reports and maintain a database of interference incidents.
- Prepare and forward properly completed and formatted frequency requests to the appropriate military or civilian agency for coordination and approval.
- Performs unlimited frequency planning, selection, and de-confliction using automated tools.
- Develop, produce, and disseminate spectrum operations SOPs.
- Assist in the development and publishing of communications annexes and appendices.
- Coordinate frequency and spectrum management issues and requirements with appropriate federal, nonfederal, military and other government officials of the United States and foreign countries.
- Provide technical support and setup, coordinate with external agency technical leads, and document re-occurring technical meetings, tests, exercises, and events.
- Develop, manage, and document problem tracking and resolution.
- Provide analysis for the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software solutions.
- Learn, assist with, and manage other mission related compliance tasks (e.g. NOAA, ITAR, EAR) as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and a BA/BS degree or related experience
- Knowledge of DOD approved spectrum management database software
- Comprehensive knowledge and working experience with Federal Communications Commission (FCC), International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Radio Regulations and Allocations and/or NTIA spectrum management systems and processes.
- Experience with timely preparation and communication of technical and non-technical information, guidance, and instructional briefings to senior management and other company personnel.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.