Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano-and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Small satellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites.
Tyvak is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to write, edit and publish technical documentation for the company’s diverse range of small satellite proposals and programs. The successful candidate will compile technical descriptions, schematics, and drawings received from engineering teams. And, establish a Style Guide and standard document templates to ensure high quality in all publications.
The primary responsibility is to write and produce well-written proposals. Working hand-in-hand with the Proposal Manager, this position requires you to establish rapport with engineering and business development personnel to develop elegant messaging, content and illustrations. The position requires multitasking; executing projects based on business priorities to ensure urgent requests for customer documentation are met in a timely manner. Additionally, the Technical Writer will work with the company website developer to cultivate and keep current published content.
Must be able to work in highly collaborative and high pace work environment. The successful candidate will work under tight deadlines while applying exacting editorial standards and rules and configuration management principles to all documents generated.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical writing with high proficiency in writing in technical subjects and critical editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or relevant technical subject
- Experience generating technical documentation (including text and graphics) with Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with configuration control of documents (preferably with Agile)
- Ability to interface with engineers and marketing teams to complete documentation, including proposal documents that ensure customer understanding.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.