Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Systems Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The Systems Engineering Team provides essential guidance and coordination for mission architecture and optimization, as well as vehicle conception, development, fabrication, and testing. As part of the collaborative team, the systems engineer will be responsible for supporting mission planning, requirements management, vehicle sizing, system trade studies, interface definition, and systems integration.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with electrical, mechanical, software, and operations engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Create, analyze, and manage requirements to ensure proper flow-down and traceability for verification activities.
- Perform system and vehicle level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance.
- Support assembly, integration, and test activities, including the generation of test plans and procedures.
- Participate in team discussions to develop innovative vehicle architecture and operations for future missions.
- Interface with commercial and government customers to coordinate all technical aspects of the missions
- BS or MS in engineering field with focus on aerospace.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and can perform duties autonomously.
- Ability to lead and motivate project teams to ensure mission success.
- Knowledge of spacecraft system and subsystem interactions. Small satellite experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of programming and electronics, as well as project management.
- Ability to learn new processes and tools quickly and utilize them effectively.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced small satellite market with a desire to continuously learn and grow through unique challenges.
- Candidates shall be a U.S. person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Salary and benefits are market competitive.