Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. There are many benefits to using nanosatellites. Aside from being versatile and inexpensive, nanosatellites provide natural redundancy of systems to your mission. There are significant applications for today’s small satellites, from the rescue, repair and deorbit of larger satellites to disaster, weather and border monitoring capabilities.
The ME department is seeking a mechanical engineer. This person will work with an interdisciplinary team to design, build, and test nano- and micro- satellites and subsystems and will report to ME department and program managers coordinating design with close interaction to other responsible engineers on project. Subsystems include: spacecraft structures, mechanisms, electronics packaging, harnessing, deployable solar panels and propulsion systems. Responsibility will include hardware from requirements definition to manufacture of flight hardware.
- Level of experience that typically comes with at least 5 years of engineering experience in the space or aerospace industries
- Close familiarity with engineering requirements development and verification in a gated design process
- Extensive experience in design, analysis, manufacturing, and assembly of mechanical systems and structures
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software, version control systems, and drawing release processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office documentation, project management, and presentation tools (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Must be able to autonomously drive design trade offs with other departments, present design and analysis through a gated review process, and validate design meets requirements through analysis, inspection, and test
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with aerospace industry standards and interpretation, including but not limited to ASME Y14.5, NAS/MS fasteners, AS9100 quality processes, and space qualification testing
- Broad knowledge and firm grasp of spacecraft operations and subsystems
- Spacecraft design, analysis (FEA & thermal), manufacturing, assembly, and test
- Designing honeycomb composites structures
- Solidworks, EPDM, ANSYS, MSC, Atlassian or similar cloud based project management tools
- Experience interfacing with machine shops: coordinating quotes and schedule
- Active or current Top Secret TS/SCI US Government security clearance is highly desired
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include holidays, 15 days PTO, and full health insurance package.