Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced PCB Quality Inspector/X-Ray Machine Operator at our new facility in Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The PCB Quality Inspector/X-Ray Machine Operator will be responsible for inspecting troubleshooting, and repairing printed circuit boards. Candidate must be familiar with both Optical and X-Ray PCB inspection systems. Familiar with inspecting for board defects including SMT paste, component placement and solder joint defects. Load programs per documentation. Using magnification aids and stereo-microscopes, inspect populated printed circuit boards and identify component misplacement and solder defects to IPC-A-610 standards. The ideal candidate should possess keen visual acuity and knowledge of quality control, production processes and other techniques for maximizing and maintaining a high degree of quality. Approves in-process product and finished products. Documents inspection results. High attention to detail and high organizational skills are critical for this position.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Examine the circuit boards to detect defects such as shorts, excess or missing solder, scratches, cracks, and placement of components using both AOI and X-Ray systems
- Maintain quality standards by approving material at in-process inspection for all products
- Perform 1st piece inspections for Surface Mount and through hole assemblies
- Perform Final inspection
- Verify conformance to specified dimensions
- Record type and quantity of defects in data base
- Test continuity of circuit board circuits
- Ability to use essential tools and equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to read and interpret kit sheets, assembly drawings, product specific documentation and work instructions
- Must possess knowledge of a wide variety of thru-hole and surface mount parts with respect to polarity and component identification
- Read and understand work routers, assembly drawings, component identification, and component polarity
- Must exhibit knowledge and/or skills in operating equipment used
- Must be able to quality control and identify components
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be able to work with limited supervision and meet requirements of the attendance policy
- Must perform all functions of the job in a safe and professional manner
- Must keep work area(s) in neat, clean, safe and orderly condition
- Ability to sit for the majority of the working day
- Other tasks/responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in circuit board manufacturing
- Familiarity with running Nikon PCB X-Ray systems or similar. VGSTUDIO experience BIG PLUS!
- IPC-A-610 or IPC J-STD-001
- General understanding of electronic components, electronics design and manufacturing
- General knowledge of bill of materials, assembly drawings, product specific documentation, work instructions, and other general documents
- General knowledge of IPC 610 all classifications
- Ability to inspect to IPC Class I, II, and III
- General knowledge of Component Identification
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skillsØ Strong follow through ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal/written communication as well as organization/interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to maintain patience in challenging situationsØ Excellent follow through
- Personable and professional demeanor
- Computer literacy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain patience in challenging situations
- General understanding of production processes, equipment and tools associated with a printed circuit board
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.