NDE Level II Inspection (X-Ray) Technician
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE Level II Inspection) Technician at our new facility in Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The NDE function is organized within focused production area cells alongside the production activities utilizing varied inspection methods to efficiently provide quality control and protect product reliability. The NDE Level II Inspection Technician will fill a role that sits within the quality control network supporting production as part of the manufacturing organization. This position is based out of Irvine, California office.
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections with advanced radiographic techniques: Traditional analogue, Computed and direct digital
- Perform near surface NDE inspections with Dye Penetrant and Visual Inspection methods
- Interpret and evaluate film / digital images
- Optimization and manipulation of digital images for maximum clarity and accuracy in reaching conclusions
- Communicate and report findings to production & Engineering
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- Support research and development in to system qualification and certification for critical processes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Level II Non-Destructive Technician
- NDE Level II certification in line with ASNT TC-1A/NAS-410 guidance in Radiography (RT)
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Radiation Safety trained and certified with IRRSP X-ray card
- Minimum 3 months of experience performing Digital Radiography
- Computed or Direct Digital certification
- Operational experience of utilizing digital radiography systems
- NDE Level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A guidance in Dye Penetrant (PT) and Visual inspection (VT)
- Certified Weld Inspector Status (CWI)
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft applications – word, power point, excel
- Knowledge of Carestream, Virtual Media Integration (VMI), or Yxlon Y. Image x500 evaluation software
- Knowledge of NASA 5009 standards
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS / ASME, ASTM etc.
- Problem Solving tools and techniques: Practical Problem Solving (PPS), 8D
- Basic understanding of lean principles: 5s, Kaizen, Continuous improvement initiatives
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.