Embedded Software Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated Embedded Software Engineer for our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects.
- Develop and implement simple, reliable, and fault tolerant software for a variety of SoC's and microcontrollers
- Participate in driver development, bring up and hardware enablement on both Linux and FreeRTOS
- Write comprehensive unit and regression tests
- Test software in simulation and hardware-in-the-loop environments
- Work with the team to establish software requirements and architecture
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of related experience developing C/C++ software for high-performance embedded devices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and debug firmware
- Familiar with one or more build environments such as buildroot, OpenEmbedded, or LTIB
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Hands on experience with satellites, robotic systems, or similar
- Demonstrated experience with real-time operating systems (FreeRTOS and TI-RTOS a plus)
- Demonstrated experience developing mission critical embedded firmware
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.