PCB Design Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced PCB Designer to work onsite at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of Nano-satellite and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers.
As a PCB Designer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to design and document complex printed circuit boards. You will be designing cutting edge products at the next level of engineering processes. Digital, Analog, Mixed signal, RF, power systems, Solar panels, flex circuits, and inter-posers are all part of the needed repertoire. Single and multi-lamination builds, 2 to 20+ layers are common. You will create detailed drawings showing three dimensional views, detail views, broken out views, and layer stack views in SolidWorks of PCB designs that were created in Altium.
Please visit www.tyvak.com to see sample products and to see some of the awesome programs you'll be working on!
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design printed circuit boards that conform to electrical and mechanical requirements.
- Ability to research circuit requirements from industry resources, best practices, evaluation circuits, and existing designs with flight heritage as a self-motivated design engineer.
- Create fabrication and assembly data / drawings required for manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and application notes with a solid understanding of basic electronic theory.
- Develop design rules based on project requirements.
- Implement Design for Manufacturability, testing, assembly and other DFx requirements to ensure reliability and quality of products.
- Work independently with minimal supervision performing design activities and research.
- 3 years or more of PCB design experience
- Expert level proficiency with Altium Designer / Nexus.
- High speed digital and RF experience
- Ability to create high quality drawings of PCB designs using SolidWorks.
- IPC CID (Certified Interconnect Designer Basic) Certification.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Must be able to convey technical information clearly and efficiently.
- Proficient with Office tools (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.)
Ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years or more of PCB design of complex circuit boards in aerospace applications.
- IPC CID+ (Certified Interconnect Designer Advanced) Certification.
- SolidWorks certification (Associate, Professional, Expert).
Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. Being a part of the team at Tyvak means you will be able to see the impact of your work, partner alongside other smart engineers from a number of disciplines, and take pride in the satellites we launch.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.