Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) Engineer
Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of Nano-satellite and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nano-satellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. There are many benefits to using nano-satellites. Aside from being versatile and inexpensive, Nano-satellites provide natural redundancy of systems to your mission. There are significant applications for today’s small satellites, from the rescue, repair and deorbit of larger satellites to disaster, weather and border monitoring capabilities.
This position is in Irvine California. The Parts, Materials, and Process (PMP) Engineer will report to the Program Manager and Chief Engineer, and will provide management and leadership across Parts, Materials and Processes efforts.
You will use your technical expertise to ensure Parts, Materials and Processes are qualified for the mission and meet contractual requirements for highly complex satellite platforms. You will conduct reviews, dispositions, and suggest part substitutions to overcome non-conformances and inform engineering of Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIEDP) alerts which may impact production. You will build and maintain an approved piece part and supplier database
- BS or MS in engineering field
- 0-3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with aerospace industry standards and interpretation
- Extensive experience in design, analysis, manufacturing, and assembly of complex satellite systems and structures
- Demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to the development of others
- U.S. Citizen; able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearances
- Familiarity with ISO9003 and ISO9000 quality standards
- Familiarity with MIL-STD parts quality standards
- Altium Designer, Jira, Confluence
- Mass production of PCB systems
- Experience working closely with sub-contractors and flow down of contractual requirements
- Familiarity with configuration control systems and quality control tools
- Familiarity with parts database management software
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.