Reliability Systems Engineer- Cube Sats in Irvine, CA
Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nano-satellite and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nano-satellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. There are many benefits to using nano-satellites. Aside from being versatile and inexpensive, nano-satellites provide natural redundancy of systems to your mission. There are significant applications for today’s small satellites, from the rescue, repair and deorbit of larger satellites to disaster, weather and border monitoring capabilities.
This position is in Irvine California. The Reliability Systems Engineer will report to the Program Manager and Chief Engineer and will provide reliability analyses to support requirements verification for highly complex satellite platforms.
You will use your technical expertise to conduct reliability analyses and may also be asked to support electrical stress analysis, worst case analysis, FMECA (failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis), and radiation effects analysis. You will generate reports and conduct reviews to inform engineering of reliability drivers and suggest design changes to improve reliability.
- BS or MS in engineering field
- Familiarity with MIL-HDBK-217F reliability calculation methods
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of engineering requirements development and verification
- Familiarity with aerospace industry standards and interpretation
- Extensive experience in space systems reliability design and analysis
- Demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to the development of others
- U.S. Citizen; able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearances
- Altium Designer, Jira, Confluence
- Mass production of PCB systems
- Experience working closely with sub-contractors and flow down of contractual requirements
- Familiarity with configuration control systems and quality control tools
Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
Paid Time Off Package.
Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.