Tyvak is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager to design, write and produce competitive proposals for our Defense & Intel, Launch Services and Commercial customers. We are looking for a motivated, accomplished professional to manage the proposal process and ensure the on-time delivery of compliant and compelling proposals. This position requires solid leadership and project management skills coupled with the ability to work in a highly collaborative and high-paced work environment.
The primary responsibility is to manage and produce competitive proposals. Working hand-in-hand with the Capture Manager (outside sales), this position requires a commanding knowledge of the small satellite industry. The successful candidate will take full responsibility for:
- researching and identifying RFPs or RFQs for bid;
- the proposal development and production process; and
- developing a rich library of source data to use in all bids and marketing.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines. Must be willing to work overtime as needed to accommodate deadlines and production schedules. Strong writing and proofing skills are a must.
Build a proposal team and plan and manage to a proposal production schedule. Develop persuasive text for competitive project descriptions, and proposal boilerplate. Develop proposal sections and tailor service offering descriptions to meet proposal requirements. Write, proofread, edit and rewrite all copy as needed.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in proposal development, preferably in the aerospace industry.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field.
- Ability to work with technical staff on proposal narrative to ensure customer understanding.
- Understanding of US government contracting vehicles.
- Very strong written communication skills in technical subjects and critical editing skills
- Security clearance, minimum Secret with ability for more
Desired Skills or Experience
- Proposal development in the small satellite industry
- APMP Professional Certification or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.