Launch Services Program Manager
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Launch Manager at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As a Launch Manager, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer launch contracts and launch hardware production.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate a multidisciplinary team.
- Act as primary interface to the customer for launch.
- Lead all launch program reviews both internally and customer-facing.
- Coordinate and manage resource allocation.
- Track launch program budget and schedule using Tyvak’s collaborative software tools.
- Provide regular launch program status updates to company management.
- Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement.
- Track and process launch export and regulatory needs and ensure readiness for launch.
- Manage the production of our state-of-the-art launch hardware.
- Manage launch team during travel to customer spacecraft or launch service provider location.
- Develop business opportunities in the launch related field.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a technical field (i.e., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related degree) or Business with experience leading engineering teams.
- 5+ years of work experience (not including school) in the aerospace industry, or similar high technology systems.
- Experience as a responsible Systems Engineer or Program Manager on aerospace projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in the small satellite launch industry strongly preferred.
- Understanding of satellites and related launch environments as well as launch vehicles themselves.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and proficiency in task management.
- Ability to help organize and manage a team of personnel, develop program schedules, and control budgets to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Active or current Top Secret (TS) / SCI US Government security clearance is highly desired. Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain TS/SCI US Government security clearance.
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.