Legal Counsel - Contracts
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers.
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Legal Counsel at our Irvine, CA location. The Legal Counsel will report to our General Counsel, work closely with the Executive team, and be responsible for the management of contracts across the company.
Additionally, Legal Counsel will provide legal support in the areas of regulatory compliance, intellectual property, employment, marketing, corporate/strategic transactions, and litigation management.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, negotiate, and manage all Company contracts (Product/Service Agreements, Purchase Orders, Supplier Agreements, Licensing, NDAs, etc.) across the company, to include the Commercial, Defense, and Civil Business Units, Engineering, Research & Development, Marketing, Purchasing, and Supply Chain
- Identify legal/contractual issues and respond to a variety of complex inquiries while providing leadership and implementing solutions
- Advise business and technical leadership of legal and contractual rights and obligations
- Educate the Company on legal and regulatory compliance matters
- Manage and apply for a variety of regulatory licensing and authorizations to support the business
- Maintain corporate awareness of regulatory and compliance changes and their impact on contracts, including US export and import controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and anti-boycott compliance
- Provide legal advice and support in the areas of intellectual property, employment, marketing, corporate/strategic transactions, regulatory compliance, and litigation management
- Create legal forms, templates, training, and processes; developing innovative solutions to scale and streamline legal support for the business
- Other duties as required by General Counsel
- Minimum 8 years of legal experience
- J.D. from top 100 law school
- Membership in at least one state bar with ability to practice law in California
- Strong background in drafting, negotiating and supporting full life-cycle of complex, high dollar value commercial/high-tech transactions
- Demonstrated experience advising senior management on strategic business and legal advice
- Demonstrated experience with corporate transactions
- Impeccable reading, writing, and proofreading skills
- Keen eye for attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate multiple work phases
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as required
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- In-house experience in defense/aerospace industry strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with the U.S. federal acquisition process, government contracting principles and regulations (including FAR/DFARS)
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + eligible dependents
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.