Vice President of Business Development
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a VP of Business Development at our new facility in Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers.
The successful candidate will identify, qualify and win new business opportunities by cultivating and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships with current and potential customers. In addition, the VP of BD will work closely with corporate executives and company senior managers. This position will leverage executive-level relationships to develop winning sales strategies to meet company and corporate financial goals.
The candidate will perform the following roles:
- Leads and participates in positioning Tyvak to penetrate the Aerospace market sectors globally, expanding participation, and developing a competitive edge in obtaining sustainable contracts.
- Responsible to proactively source new opportunities as well as maintaining established accounts
- Establish long term professional relationships with leaders and key personnel in the commercial aerospace prime contractors and system integrators
- Capture and understand prospective clients’ current and future needs
- Drive opportunities at the strategic and tactical level within traditional and non-traditional space sectors
- Seek out, attend and represent the company in industry conferences and events
- Work closely with the Tyvak program management and support team to educate and demonstrate product capabilities and to ensure a high degree of client support
- Communicate with Tyvak senior management about business opportunities, competitive environment, and other important information that impacts revenue growth.
- Identify new business opportunities to build and maintain an accurate, realistic pipeline
- Develop business plan related goals for revenue, bookings, and profit
- Recommend and manage domestic and international agreements
- Develops a strategic plan for the business development department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- 5-10 years of hands-on Business Development Management Experience
- Extensive capture management, bid and proposal experience
- Proven record toward acquisition and execution of multi-million dollars contracts
- Willingness and ability to travel, including frequent international travel
- Proven success in using consultative, solution based business development approach with customers
- Must be self-initiating, proactive, and a highly motivated and enthusiastic person
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other tools related to the execution of the job.
- Prior BD Leadership experience with extensive International experience preferred
- Multi-language knowledge and familiarity with international business cultures preferred
- Must have the flexibility to travel domestically and internationally to cover multiple customer facilities.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.