Mission Operations Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Mission Operations Engineer to join the Mission Operations Team at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. The Operations Engineer is involved in mission operations planning, commissioning, and on-orbit operations for the state-of-the-art satellites Tyvak develops. As part of the collaborative team, the Operations Engineer will develop the mission operations’ architecture including tasking, procedures, anomaly resolution, vehicle control interface, ground segment infrastructure, and automated data delivery.
- Work closely with electrical, mechanical, software, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Implement and iterate improvements to methods for scheduling and operating Tyvak’s ground segment.
- Implement and iterate improvements to operations procedures associated with vehicle commissioning and mission operations.
- Operate all Tyvak vehicles for commissioning, on-orbit operations, and anomaly resolution
- Provide operations support during vehicle Assembly, Integration, and Test.
- Maintain and improve Tyvak’s Command Control and Data Diagnostics database and display screens.
- Participate in team discussions to develop innovative vehicle architecture and operations for future missions aimed to full vehicle automation and on-board data management.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Knowledge of spacecraft system and subsystem interactions. Direct experience with small satellites or satellite fleets is preferred.
- Experience with databases (SQL) is desirable.
- Ability to learn new processes and tools quickly and utilize them effectively.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision.
- Passion for the NewSpace industry.
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
Applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance and all special accesses required on the facility.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.