Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a Principal Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineer in our manufacturing facility headquarters in Irvine, CA. As a Guidance, Navigation, and Controls engineer, the candidate the will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for a wide range of analysis, software, hardware, test, integration, and documentation in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, analysis, implementation, and testing of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) algorithms for spacecraft
- Develop and maintain high-fidelity 6-DOF simulations with Matlab/Simulink
- Vehicle control system architecture sizing and definition
- Software in the loop and hardware in the loop testing
- Development concept of operations and participation in mission simulations and mission operations
- M.S, B.S. in engineering field with concentration in dynamics and control.
- Demonstrated GNC and software development using Matlab and Simulink
- Strong fundamental understanding of orbital dynamics and classical mechanics
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Passion for the NewSpace industry
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in dynamics and controls is highly desired.
- Experience with design of spacecraft rendezvous and proximity operations, fault detection/isolation/recovery, flexible body control, Kalman Filtering, MEMS and GPS sensors
- Hands on experience with small satellites, robotic systems, or similar
- C++ and Python
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.