Assembly, Integration & Test Technician
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Assembly, Integration and Test (AI&T) Technician at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As an AI&T Technician, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to build, test and maintain a variety of complex hardware assemblies.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Follow detailed procedures to build complex mechanical assemblies
- Perform rework on high density SMD PCB assemblies
- Perform quality-assurance inspection on incoming PCB assemblies and machined components
- Assist in spacecraft flight integration activities
- Perform miscellaneous lab duties including kitting, inventory and organization tasks.
- Ability to perform high-quality rework of leadless QFN and LGA SMD devices and package geometries as small as 0201
- IPC-J-STD- 001 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 certifications
- Ability to read & understand PCB assembly drawings, wire harness drawings and mechanical drawings
- Demonstrated experience following procedures to build intricate mechanical/electrical assemblies
- Competency with a variety of hand tools including torque wrenches, crimping tools, epoxy applicators, tap & die sets, deburring tools and rotary tools, drill press, bandsaw,
- Competency using calipers & micrometers to perform conformance inspection of mechanical structures
- Meticulous attention to detail & documentation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.