AI&T Solder Technician, Nano Satellites
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced
Assembly, Integration and Test (AI&T) Soldering Technician at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As an AI&T Solder Technician, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to build, test and maintain a variety of complex hardware assemblies.
Candidate must be familiar with PCB and avionics systems. Familiar with inspecting for board defects, component placement and solder joint defects. Using magnification aids and stereo-microscopes, inspect populated printed circuit boards and identify component misplacement and solder defects to IPC-A-610 standards.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Follow detailed procedures to build complex mechanical assemblies
- Perform rework on high density SMD PCB assemblies
- Perform solder work on complex Satellite modules and Solar Panels
- Perform quality-assurance receiving inspection on incoming PCB assemblies
- Perform miscellaneous lab duties including kitting, inventory and organization tasks
- To detect defects such as shorts, excess or missing solder, BGA ball void analysis, surface scratches, cracks, DNP and placement of components using both AOI and X-Ray systems
- Ability to perform high-quality Solder rework of leadless QFN and LGA SMD devices and package geometries as small as 0201
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in circuit board manufacturing
- Test continuity of circuit board circuits and avionics systems
- IPC-J-STD- 001 and IPC/WHMA-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certifications
- Experience running a Nordson Yestech (AOI) Automatic Optical inspection machine
- Ability to read & understand PCB assembly drawings, wire harness drawings and mechanical drawings
- Demonstrated experience following procedures to build intricate mechanical/electrical assemblies
- Competency using calipers & micrometers to perform conformance inspection of mechanical structures
- Meticulous attention to detail & documentation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.