Terran Orbital is the world’s leading provider and innovator of nano- and micro-satellites. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, we provide end-to-end satellite solutions to governments, commercial organizations, and universities.
We are space geeks. We are hard-workers. We embrace innovation and new ideas. We are looking for more people like ourselves!
Terran Orbital Corporation seeks a dynamic FP&A Director to lead Financial Planning and Analysis. The Director will report to the CEO. Position located at corporate headquarters in Irvine, California.
- Prepare P&L, cash flow, balance sheet and other forecast schedules, analyses for management.
- Analyze new business strategies and develop financial impact/valuation recommendations.
- Build dynamic financial models that range from pricing, budget and new product strategies.
- Lead the company’s forecasting process, collaborating with department heads and building department budgets.
- Review comparison of actual results with budget and forecast estimates; preparing appropriate variance explanations and highlighting issues and recommendations to senior management.
- Develop holistic business insights from internal and external data sources.
- Special ad hoc analyses including running scenario analysis.
- Prepare and participate in monthly business reviews with finance and executive teams.
- Provide senior leadership and the board of directors with regular reporting, dashboards, and executive presentations to make informed, strategic decisions for the business.
- Deliver timely, accurate, and effective analyses and reporting of financial metrics.
- Run queries from financial systems and other internal tool to create and prepare excel reports for ad hoc analysis for operational and financial review of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting /Math/Economics/Engineering from an accredited college or university, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in Finance, with at least 2 years of FP&A experience.
- Must have US government security clearances or be able to obtain and maintain US government security clearances.
- Currently or previously FP&A Director or exceptional work as FP&A manager, preferably in the aerospace / defense industry
- Solid accounting background, exceptional analytical skills, and adept at identifying trends and variances
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to interact with and persuasively present financial issues to all levels of management and Private Equity partners
- Understanding of DCAA Indirect Rate & Cost Structures, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) applicability
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a focus on teamwork
- Quantitative, with strong attention to detail and high degree of comfort with large volumes of data
- Strong worth ethic with ability to perform in a self-managed environment; must be good at multi-tasking
- Advanced Excel skills, and strong skills in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Ability to build partnerships with all levels of management, cross-functional business partners and with corporate functions
- Must have had a good career progression shown seeking a rising finance star.
- Prefer local candidates unless they are already in the process of relocating to Orange County market
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.