TS/SCI Program Manager- Small Sats
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers.
We specialize in spacecraft development, launch services and on-orbit operations to deliver small satellites for critical missions across a variety of applications in LEO, GEO, and beyond Earth orbit.
Tyvak is transforming access to space by providing end-to-end, cost effective space systems using agile aerospace processes and accelerating on-orbit success.
Tyvak is seeking a motivated and experienced Program Manager to work out of its corporate office based in Irvine, CA. This role is critical to Tyvak’s commitment of delivering mission success stories to our customers.
As a Program Manager at Tyvak, you will work within a multidisciplinary team to manage the execution of customer contracts. You are accountable for delivering highly reliable space systems to Government and Commercial customers.
The Program Manager owns the customer relationship, organizes internal engineering, manages external suppliers & manufacturing, and tests activities.
A successful Program Manager executes on-time, on-budget delivery of their projects. The end goal of every Program Manager is to deliver affordable, high-performance space systems at an escalated pace.
Position Duties (including but not limited to the following):
- Generate proposals/scope of work based on customer requirements
- Participate in customer meetings to define and refine requirements
- Maintain project schedules, risk analysis, procurement plans, subcontract management plans, project staffing plans, and budgets (direct costs, subcontracts, travel, etc.)
- Report program updates regularly to executive team and our customers
- Track all internal and external deliverables, prepare and present formal and informal design and progress reviews
- Work closely with members of their own program team, technical peer teams, and program controllers to ensure our systems meet all requirements and achieve all milestones, while staying within strict budgetary constraints
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Active TS/SCI level clearance
- 3 years’ experience as a project lead or project manager with a demonstrated reputation for delivering unique, high-complexity systems
- Proven ability to deliver on-time and on-budget
- Demonstrated experience with rapid development projects
- Demonstrated teamwork and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels
- Understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets
- Demonstrated employee management experience and proficiency in task management
- Ability to help organize and manage a team of personnel, develop program schedules, and control budgets to meet required deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
Additional Positive Considerations
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences or Business Administration
- 5 years of experience as a responsible Systems engineer on spaceflight projects
- Experience with government customers and their project management practices
- Concept-to-launch experience with one or more satellite missions
- Experience with cost and budget constrained space programs
- Experience with aerospace environments (other than traditional, large prime contractors)
- An active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule
- Paid Time Off Package
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.