Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nano-satellites are a disrupt-or in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. There are many benefits to using nano-satellites. Aside from being versatile and inexpensive, nanosatellites provide natural redundancy of systems to your mission. There are significant applications for today’s small satellites, from the rescue, repair and de-orbit of larger satellites to disaster, weather and border monitoring capabilities.
This position is in Irvine, California. The Associate Systems Engineer will report to the Lead Systems Engineer and will support the systems engineering team in the development, analysis, and definition of spacecraft designs.
You will use your technical expertise to define and manage subsystem specifications, interface control documents, concept of operations, and system performance analyses for satellite space and ground systems.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively in a team, and attention to detail
- BS or MS in aerospace engineering, systems engineering, or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in systems engineering or similar disciplines related to spacecraft
- Familiarity with satellite systems and subsystems
- U.S. Citizen; able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearances
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Familiarity with DOORS or JAMA requirements management software
- Familiarity with MATLAB, SolidWorks, STK, and Linux
- Familiarity with satellite system budgets including mass, power, and link budgets
- Familiarity with satellite program lifecycles, development flows, test events, and verification and validation
Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
Paid Time Off Package.
Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.