Tyvak Nano Satellite Systems is seeking a Procurement Specialist to work in our new Irvine facility.
Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nano- and micro-satellite vehicles, services, and solutions. Nanosatellites are a disruptor in the space technology realm and provide increased capabilities at a fraction of the cost of larger satellites. Being a part of the team at Tyvak means you will be able to see the impact of your work, partner alongside other smart engineers from a number of disciplines, and take pride in the satellites we watch.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all company-wide Purchasing functions
- Create, Manage, and Closeout Requisitions/Purchase Orders
- Interact with engineering staff, vendors, management, and accounting staff to fulfill all purchase requests
- Responsible for obtaining proper approvals and managing exceptions if received
- Match PO, Invoices, Credit Card Orders, and Receipt documents
- Process PO closeout functions in company system
- Interact with receiving staff, accounting, and order placing department
- Play a pivotal role in managing and enforcing company credit policy as it applies to purchase transactions
- Cash, Purchasing, and Project Management Analysis by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions. Track expenses and revenues vs. budget and forecast and analyze fluctuations
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and operations.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
- Analyzing current and past performance
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis
- Coordinating with other members of the Finance, Project, and Executive team to review Purchasing information and forecast
- Develop, maintain and distribute as-hoc reports as needed
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in Aerospace, Defense, or Investment Banking industry a plus.
- Understanding of project management and program budget very helpful
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint). Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Working knowledge of various corporate systems: JIRA and Confluence Collaboration tools
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as follow through skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to complete projects in a timely manner is critical
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status