Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Tyvak is seeking as Facility Security Officer (FSO) with experience as a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) to join our team. This is a multidisciplinary security position requiring a qualified security professional to support multiple secure facilities and programs.
The FSO is responsible for the direction, management, development, administration, and monitoring of security related matters imposed by the Tyvak and its customers. The FSO is Tyvak’s primary interface with government agencies, program offices, customers, and suppliers for all security matters.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Create, manage and maintain documentation to including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Action Plans. Program Protection Plans, Access Plans, etc.
- Manage and lead the physical security at Tyvak facilities and be responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, customers, suppliers, and company visitors.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges and visit requests.
- Develop, administer, and support a comprehensive Security Awareness Training Education program.
- Proactively and dynamically develop and enhance processes as Tyvak.
- Oversee all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM, DCID’s, ICD’s and other applicable government security directives associated with SCI and other special security programs.
- Maintain a close and open relationship with sponsor organizations and customers.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with each contract’s security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances/accesses.
- Maintains all security documentation and files in accordance with government requirements
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Excellent computer skills namely with Microsoft Office software
- At least five or more years of experience as an FSO/CSSO/PSO to include experience as a cleared defense contractor working in corporate and government environments
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing to internal and external customers with the ability to offer experienced guidance to executive staff and subcontractors.
- Experience leading and conducting internal audits, participating in Government assessments and inspections, investigating and mitigating areas of risk or non-compliance, pre-employment vetting
- Must have strong knowledge of NISPOM, ICD 704, ICD 705 and other DoD and IC security compliance documents
- Excellent judgement, decision-making, and communications skills
- Strong leadership attributes and ability to coach, mentor and lead teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
- Salary and benefits are market competitive.
- 100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.