AI&T Engineer- Cube Satellites
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Assembly, Integration and Test (AI&T) Electrical Engineer at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As an AI&T Engineer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to build, integrate, and test space vehicles at both the sub-system and system levels.
This position will work on missions that are designed to fly within 12-24 months and as such learn the complete vehicle so that they will own their own mission shortly thereafter.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design vehicle assembly architecture
- Design and develop tools and hardware to enable vehicle assembly and ensure vehicle testing abilities
- Develop full testing campaigns ensuring vehicle integrity of electronic and propulsion systems
- Vehicle integration build flow and test concept of operations
- Evaluate proposed designs for manufacturability and integration into subsystems
- Interface with engineers and technicians to advance to larger scale manufacturing and automation
- Develop and refine manufacturing assembly procedures based on lessons learned to mature status
- Responsible for enabling day-to-day execution of the vehicle integration and test flow
- Manage work orders and driving nonconformances into actionable items and system improvements
- Position will require being very hands-on and will require standing for extended periods of time
- Working side by side with our technicians in tight areas with little room
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience (internship time is counted) as a test or manufacturing engineer supporting highly integrated cross-disciplinary assembly operations
- Per the requirement of certain Tyvak facilities, applicant must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
Desired Skills or Experience
- Master's degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with build integration and testing of propulsion, thermal, electrical and/or structural systems
- Documentation and configuration management experience
- Experience writing test plans, procedures and providing go/no-go judgment
- Experience in a production environment within the aerospace industry
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.