Senior Project Engineer
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Senior Project Engineer, serving in the capacity of technical lead in hardware design of CubeSAT, MicroSAT and MiniSAT platforms.
This candidate must possess a degree in at least one of the following disciplines and at least 10 years’ experience in large scale systems development: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Ability to evaluate systems level designs and derive top-level requirements
- Create and manage Requirements and Interface Control documents
- Track adherence to requirements and monitor systems development in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Proficiency with Matlab, Simulink, C, C++, Python etc. preferred.
- Derivation and partitioning of subsystem requirements from customer specifications.
- Generation, organization, and flow-down of subsystem operational and interface definitions (Electrical-Mechanical Interfaces, Software-Hardware Interfaces, RF/Digital/DSP … etc.).
- Technical orchestration of subsystem development, testing, and integration, as well as top-level unit integration and qualification.
- Subsystem design in at least one discipline (RF, Software, FPGA, DSP, … etc.).
- Generation of satellite operations manuals and guidelines.
- Interfacing with, and briefing customers and senior management.
Experience in carrying satellite development (or other major platforms) to full term is required.
- BS degree plus 7-12 years of industry related experience.
- A HIGH-LEVEL working knowledge in at least three (3), with depth in at least one of the following subject matters is required:
- RF Circuits and Systems
- Embedded Software Development
- ASIC or FPGA Design
- Radar/Sonar Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Communications systems
- Networking Protocols
- Power Systems
- Structural Mechanical design
Salary and benefits are market competitive.
100% paid PPO medical benefits plan for eligible employees + family.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital/Tyvak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.